We kindly invite you to participate in the webinar “Mental Health in the Workplace” on Thursday, September 24th, as part of the MHPSS/COVID-19 webinar series, organized by the Government of the Virgin Islands and the Mental Health Unit at the Department of Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health of the Pan American Health Organization.
In addition to the usual sources of stress we may experience at work, the COVID-19 pandemic has created additional stressors, such as adapting to working remotely, balancing work and family responsibilities, and feeling isolated. Healthcare workers in particular can also feel the stresses of an increased workload, difficult working conditions, and concerns about contracting the virus and infecting their loved ones. This webinar will introduce participants to the concept and sources of work stress and provide them with strategies they can use to help manage this stress in themselves as well as to support their coworkers.
– Dr. Jardine Torno (BVI Health Services Authority)
– Dr. Claudina Cayetano and Dr. Sidra Qadir (PAHO)
- Understand work stress and the factors that contribute to it.
- Learn strategies for managers and coworkers to help manage stress at work.
- Acquire skills to manage individual stress related to work.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE